Monday, January 02, 2012

ER Update

B. was home shortly after I posted this morning - kidney stone as expected. He was picked up by a friend and spent the day lounging around with friends. Called his work to let them know he has a note for a few days - the stone will pass in 2-3 days. J. picked up his pain meds. It will be a long week - he is a total wanny when it comes to any kind of pain. I know kidney stones hurt like the dickens...

I didn't work today. Oh well. My calendar is blissfully clear for the next couple days so I will hunker down and plow through. I did work a little at home yesterday so that will help.

The fence guy was great and we hired him. The estimate was less than 1/2 what we were expecting AND he's going to also repair the gate which has had issues since the pool install also. He will start work a week from today and finish in a day and half.

The sun is setting. It's been a great 17 days off. Hard to return tomorrow - but return, I must. J. is going to work at home tomorrow - so that will be nice. And we have a long weekend in two weeks - off two weeks from today for MLK day. Add to that Fridays off as often as possible the next few months....trying to use up days. My contract was changed effective January 1 (long story and I won't be sharing much - it was a good change) so I need to be sure I use up some of the 'extra' days I've worked so far this year. So I'm going to try to take off long weekends as often as I can.

Meatball subs are on the menu for tonight - using up leftover spaghetti sauce.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...