Saturday, January 07, 2012

I Heart Saturday

Love this day of the week...the wind down from busy-ness. I know it's spelled business - but then it appears I'm winding down from 'biz-ness' - and I'm not. I woke up at 7 and thought briefly about getting up - and then the next thing I knew, it was 9! That two hours between passed with vivid dreams that were strange but story filled. Me in a home with a little baby girl - a home that felt like my own but wasn't. Maybe a future grand baby? Time will tell. She was beautiful and sweet and I was very happy to be spending time with her. I love when I can remember dreams.

J. and I made a quick Costco run which wasn't that quick 'cuz he needed to fill up his car and the lines are unbelievably long on the weekends. We managed. Tonight we are planning to enjoy dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant that Santa brought gift cards for this year - Casa Oroszco in Livermore. It's a rare thing to all be available and excited about dinner together - usually we're all here and there and rarely all able to plan a dinner...so that's nice and we're all looking forward to it.

I love Facebook because you see things that you would never see without it. My aunt just posted a video of an absolutely beautiful version of the song Hallelujah - four Norwegian artists performing the song. They articulate the lyrics so well that for the first time ever, I can understand the words...and their voices are just amazing. And then I love how the Internet makes it possible to immediately locate information on the artists and find the song on iTunes for the bargain price of 99 cents! Sold! It just amazes me how much richer my life is for being exposed to such amazing things and then being able to easily learn more about whatever I want to explore...I've been thinking about that a lot lately - how amazing it is that we are created to experience things so individually and so deeply. How music can take me to a place where I am so enraptured with the feelings and the melody and the lyrics. What an amazing thing our minds and hearts and souls combine to provide us with such joy - and in so many forms. Written, spoken, sung....we have so much capacity for such an amazing experience....if we just allow ourselves to be swept away in any given moment. Also on Facebook last week was a post of new songs from Snow Patrol - the album comes out this Tuesday and again, a couple songs struck a chord in me right away - so I've pre-ordered the album.

I can't imagine what our grand kids will have at their fingertips someday.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...