Thursday, January 05, 2012

Return to Early

Up before 4:30 today - able to cruise the internet and tend my Facebook games without rushing. Heading in to make a 2nd latte then up to shower. I am off tomorrow - which may end up being secret code for 'working at home part of the day and calling it a day off' but that's OK. Have a haircut appointment tomorrow afternoon and I need it - it's been six weeks which is way too long for short hair.

Day two post break went swimmingly AND I managed to wedge in a briskly paced 1/4 mile walk as a 'break'. No, it wasn't that far - but since my goal is simply to move more as often as I can, I am glad to have done something. Intended to get on the Bow Flex when I got home - but the kids were home and things became complicated. I needed wine but I suck at opening wine - so I skipped it and chatted with my sweet cousin instead. She's a good listener and I love chatting with her....

The other thing about the day yesterday is I ate very carefully and very healthfully - including drinking a V-8, eating Cuties as snacks, sunflower seeds (shelled) and yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast. If I can do that more often than not, I will start seeing some 'results' from my moving more.....here's hoping.

We have no weekend plans other than house stuff and a trip to Costco for the annual purchase of Turbo Tax. Might as well start torturing myself now - we are going to owe a massive amount this year and I'd like to start wrapping my head around that number as soon as possible. I keep reminding myself that we must be OK because at least this year, we aren't also paying for a trip to Mexico....no vacation planned this year - there's no budget for it and no time in my work calendar. The new finance system conversion will make the summer seem non-existent in terms of any time off...another reason why I am attempting to be off when possible 'cuz soon, it won't be possible at all.

I have a couple meetings today so we'll see how much I get done - better get to it. Sooner I get there, the sooner I can head home - I am also doing pretty well this week at leaving on time. That's a nice change, too....we'll see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...