Sunday, January 22, 2012

Niners

I am a fair weather fan and I am very excited about the Niners being in the playoffs....five minutes left and it's tied. I can't handle the stress....I just want to know how it all turns out and I want to know NOW.

Made a lot of food today - a big batch of chili which is the best chili I've ever made. I take no credit - The Pioneer Woman's recipes are awesome and I love trying them. I also made her homemade corn dogs and they were delicious, too! Those were for lunch. Chili is for dinner. When dinner is done, I will put the leftover chili in freezer zip locks with the zipper top and freeze it for another meal later in the month. It was easy, quick and is really great - added a dollop of sour cream and a little bit of shredded cheese. Fantastic on a cold, rainy day!

I grocery shopped at WinCo today - me and 100's of other people apparently preparing food for game day. It was mobbed but managed to get all our supplies and get home. Why do I always do big grocery shops in the rain? I have no idea....I just do.

Tomorrow, we celebrate B.'s 21st birthday - he wanted to go to a local Japanese place - like BeniHana where they cook at the table. But I reminded him that their alcoholic beverages are very limited and isn't one of the 'big' things about turning 21 ordering a drink on the day it's legal to do so? So I think he's leaning towards Texas Roadhouse. We're keeping it low key - no 'surprise' party - though if he asked to invite friends, I would be OK with that. Hopefully he won't. He's sort of burned some bridges with me the past few weeks and it's all I can do to attempt to get even a little excited for his big milestone birthday. It's a hard place to be in these days. Do I love him? Yes, totally. But I don't like him at all and he is really acting in ways that make me dread being with him. I know this is 'normal'. I know. But it sucks. He makes issue of every little thing - yesterday's 'crises' were us providing apple juice instead of grape and that the battery cover to the remote control for the TV was missing - and he wanted to be sure we knew that he 'didn't do it'. Which translates to 'H. did and so you need to do something about it pronto'. Yeah, right. Our highest priority is to find the back of the remote and/or get after H. about it. He (B.) is frequently over the top in virtually every situation - big or small. It's exhausting. And sort of heart breaking. Maybe it's just a way to make it easier for me to prepare for him truly being out of the house. We have no idea when that will be, mind you. No idea whatsoever.

His latest report card was a joke - clearly, school is not his thing. He enrolled again and it's really like throwing $800+ down the toilet since he attends classes but does so poorly in them, we wonder why he keeps going. He felt 'confident' about his grades this time. Really? It's so not 'confident' in terms of the grades that I won't even write them down publicly. The only 'good' thing about it is: it's his money. We long ago stopped paying for his 'pretend' college courses and he's been paying for years now. Barely passing most classes. Frequently not passing others.

A minute left....still tied. The suspense is killing me....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...