Tuesday, January 03, 2012

12 Hours

I made it! First day back and I survived! Alarm went off at 4:50 and in my confused state, I hit the 'sleep' button instead of the 'snooze' buttong - which makes the radio continue to play for an hour.....and the only way to shut it off is to 'run down' the timer. I managed to do that successfully without going back to 59 minutes even once (I usually end up having to try a couple times to get it to stop at zero) - and then I was so awake, I just got up. At my desk by 7 as planned -

It was a good day - busy and productive and 'fun' (relatively speaking).

I left at 4 (ON TIME!! and very early for me) and then went to the neighborhood near us built around a man-made lake and walked/jogged for about 20 minutes. Barely. My legs were spaghetti like pretty quickly into the circuit and then my feet started cramping up - I limped back to my car. I need new shoes with wider toes so I don't cramp up so much. I didn't go as long as I'd hoped - but then I remind myself 'hey, you DID go and you DID walk/jog - and that's better than you've done in a long, long time so lighten up. You will do more the next time. And more still the time after that'. That's the goal. Any movement is better than no movement - and I do what I can. Somedays, I might walk more. Eventually, my goal is to 'run'. I want to be a runner. It's effective, easy to do anywhere and I have had runners high a couple times in my life - in my very early years - and I like running. So I want to try again.

It's just after 7 and I can barely stay awake - so I'm not going to. I'm heading up to bed. I need to get back into sleeping earlier so getting up early isn't so hard. And I also need to listen to my weariness and go to bed when I feel tired - even if that's really early.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...