Friday, December 09, 2011

Weekend Plans

I lunched with a co-worker today and she asked 'so what are your plans this weekend?' And for the first time in a very, VERY long time, I responded:

I AM NOT WORKING!

Yeah! I am so excited about a weekend off, I am practically giddy! I resolved all the issues, prepped for board, prepared all the 'stuff' I am required to prepare and am ready to go. Next week will be busy and it's a slide into Winter Break! I am getting excited about Christmas and can't wait to go shopping tomorrow. And wrap gifts for family and get them ready to ship.

Maybe even do Christmas cards. We haven't done those in such a long time - but it would be nice to start again. I think I stopped the December of 2001 because after 9/11, I just didn't have the will to write meaningless family details given what was still so recent of a monumentally horrible event in our history.

But it's 2011 now and maybe it's time. Even just a couple quick notes to people I do think of often and appreciate hearing from now and then.

The tree is in the house and we WILL decorate this weekend (family, are you listening?)!

This time a week from now, I'll be hysterically happy about being off for SEVENTEEN straight days!!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...