Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hump Day

We're so close to the break, we can almost....taste it? Feel it? Believe it may actually, truly be HERE? Today and tomorrow are meeting days and Friday is a catch-up day with few scheduled things - and then it's home free.....

I've done most of our shopping on the Internet so the entry way and living room are littered with a wide variety of packages. Looking forward to an evening at home this evening (and hopefully getting home by 4ish which I have not been able to do in some time) and starting to get things unboxed and wrapped. This weekend, we will ship to family and hope they make it in time. I think most will -

I've got another 'ear thing' which I'm attempting to ignore. I have an appointment Monday with the ENT and there's nothing I'd love more than to arrive with an ear infection and show her that THIS is what I'm talking about - lingering, ongoing symptoms that leave me feeling malaised and exhausted - and won't resolve without antibiotics. So I sort of hope to continue the (fairly) mild symptoms until that appointment on Monday - which will include a throat scope because I still maintain that the source of the issue is in my voice box area...where no doctor can see without special tools....

We have our work party tomorrow evening and I am still debating about my White Elephant gift - I have no idea what to get for a gift when it's supposed to be stupid, pointless and meaningless. It just seems wrong - but we have been gifting our recipient for a couple weeks with little surprises here and there....so perhaps ending with something totally ridiculous isn't that 'wrong'. It's just hard for me to gift something like that.....

That's it for now - time to head out into the cold to defrost the ice off the car windows. Three car garage and no cars in it....something's wrong with that....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...