Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pannini

I have no idea how to spell pannini - and it's not in the dictionary. I'm referring to the delicious, grilled sandwich not an Italian painter.

Anyway....things are humming along here today. We got out the pannini grill and whipped up delicious sandwiches - just like Raley's only better! Yummy! I'm picturing toasted Nutella sandwiches for breakfast tomorrow - we don't have Nutella and have never had Nutella but a friend of mine raves about it and can't keep it in her house 'cuz she will eat the entire jar with a spoon - that sounds pretty delicious! So I'm convinced we need to try it - and intend to get some at the grocery later today.

The tree is finally 'finished' - and my sweet husband took the time to set up my beautiful nativity scene. I will post a pic soon - it is one of my all time favorite things in my life. The pieces are stored individually in their boxes protected by styrofoam. It's not easy to get them all unpacked and repacked each year - but it's so pretty. I finished the collection via e-Bay the year I had been laid off from my banking job. Spending money on things was the absolute LAST thing I should have been doing at that point - but I found a bunch of pieces on eBay I never knew existed (it's an Avon set) and so I bought every one I didn't have. It's complete....and a family treasure, I hope.

H. is helping me clean out cupboards and drawers in all the bathrooms. He's also doing yard work, etc. I know it sounds like he's just the best kid ever (and he IS a wonderful person with a great heart and a keen mind - he is very smart and his first semester of college seems to have solidified that for him, which is great!) but he's really motivated by needing money. So it's a win-win. He helps me with chores that are time consuming and hard - and we have beautifully organized bathroom cupboards and tons of trash stuff culled out! It's great!

There are Amazon packages everywhere and wrapping tables set up in two rooms upstairs. We've shipped most of the gifts - thought we were done and then J. had to get things from his brother for the nieces so we need to get those in the mail tomorrow - they won't make it there by Sunday but they will arrive Monday or Tuesday. I did my best to not be irritated that we had just shipped our gifts to the same two girls the day before - planning is not a family strength, apparently.

I worked a bit on Tuesday - arrived just in time to have the custodial staff be starting the process of cleaning the carpets - so I went next door and my boss was working - he was ready for lunch so we had a pleasant, delicious meal at a sushi place that we don't get to often. Back to the office for a couple of hours of tidying up - not enough to 'count' and yet good to feel like I was culling/tidying out there, too. I don't plan to work much this week but will work a bit next week. And I'm OK with that...have many projects looming and the more I get going on them, the less torturous January will be.

Heading back upstairs to continue culling the boys bathroom. I found a ton of those 'fizzy' bath things - H. is so excited. He LOVES putting those fizzy balls in his bath -

And every day so far this break, he has lovingly traveled to Starbucks to get his mama a daily Trenta iced tea. I could brew it here but it's a 'treat' - and since I'm not spending my usual $3 at McDonald's everyday (egg burrito and two large iced teas), I can 'splurge' on one awesome iced tea.

It's going to be a great Christmas. I can feel it!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...