Tuesday, November 29, 2011

American

I've been up for over an hour (already - it's 4:22 AM) and before heading upstairs to get ready to go in, I read that American Airlines has filed for Chapter 11. Yowza....that's not good.

Today, I give you a rhyme/poem of my own making. Weird rhyming jumped into my head as I was drifting off to sleep and I'm actually able to remember most of it this morning. A miracle....

GRATEFUL

I am grateful for a roof over my head
And blankets on my bed

For food in the fridge
And that I could play Bridge

For love in my life
'Cuz I am someones wife

For being a Mom
Though some days are long

For starting each day
In a positive way

For the day to start
With God in my heart

For being pretty happy
Though feeling sort of sappy

Life is a blessing -

Ready, set, go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poem! You should submit it to Reader's Digest.

But seriously. I love it.

Love,
J

Aunt Mary said...

Love your stream of consciousness poem, Mindy. Mary

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...