Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

The morning started with J. tearing downstairs, heading outside and running the trash bin down the street to catch the trash truck that had just driven by. I hold myself somewhat responsible 'cuz I was down here an hour before that and the trash cans are directly out the window of my desk - and it never 'clicked' with me that 'hey, those cans should all be at the curb'. We managed to get the actual 'trash' picked up - the bio bin will be another two weeks. Thankfully, we're not doing a lot of yard stuff these days so it will wait. Poor J. . What a way to start the day - and thanks to the Tracy trash guys for emptying the can. We'd be up a creek to wait another week - especially with all the trash to be created from cooking our feast. Everyone's on 'holiday' this week and we're all sort of out of our 'routine'.

H. is supposed to go to the grocery with me - driving all the way to WinCo. It is seriously worth the trip for a 'big' shopping trip - saves a fortune. But I need support 'cuz it's just a lot to shop for it all, then bag it, load it into the car, etc. I miss Raley's 'full service' but don't miss Raley's full service prices. So for a HUGE shop, I go to WinCo. J. is in the shower now and has agreed to accompany me. I see Light Caramel Frapps in our future as our 'treat'. And as breakfast. I know H. is willing to go but waiting for him to get up is just not worth it. I know - you're thinking 'go wake him up!'. Also not worth it. Thankful J. will go with me....the help is nice. The list is long. And we've already procured most of what we need (or so I thought). It's a big day of cooking and I'm going to start making some things when we get home from the grocery.

I saw Breaking Dawn Part 1 yesterday and loved every single second! I hope to go again between now and Monday - it was terrific! It's going to be very hard to wait another year for the finale...

It's cold today - very cold....makes moving even harder.

J. is dressed - and it sounds like H. is in the shower so perhaps he will make the trip with me after all. He's good company - (as is J.)....H. has registered for classes at Delta CC which has a satellite campus in Mountain House. MUCH closer to home thus saving a fortune on gas. And it will be more 'fun' for him because many of his friends are attending classes there. We are anxious to see their grades - should arrive during the winter break, we hope.

Hoping to enjoy the Macy's parade in the morning while cooking up a storm.

Happy Thanksgiving! And happy birthday to my mom in heaven.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...