Sunday, November 27, 2011

Reality Bites

(The title is a repeat for my cousin S. who I just chatted with via Facebook - used that exact phrase to describe my perspective on returning to work tomorrow)....it sucks. But it must be done. I worked today in my office - to hopefully get a head start on tomorrow and get regrouped and ready for three of the busiest weeks of the year. I feel stressed out about things - and that's not a word I use often. But I am stressed. I know it will all get done - but I have a lot of 'fear' feelings lately - not fear of anything in particular - just in general. There are a lot of things to juggle at one time and I constantly feel like I will miss something any minute. Oh well. It's my job.

There's a lot happening at work these days that I won't write about. Some things are great and awesome. Some are not. Some affect me. Some don't....but in my role, most things have a way of trickling in my direction. There are a lot of challenging things happening - 'monumental challenges' which is an inside joke phrase we use a lot lately. All of the challenges are surmountable and fixable - but the massive efforts required to get there are so taxing and exhausting. I go in every day with massive lists and a 'can-do' attitude - but lately, I just feel exhausted and it all seems so 'never-ending'. I know things will even out soon. I'm confident they will. It's been a long few months and hopefully, much will be resolved in the next few weeks - and from there, it will be smooth(er) sailing - I hope.

Chloe is home and recovering nicely. She had one tooth pulled. We kept her on pain meds yesterday but she ate kibble this morning with no problem so we're not giving her the meds anymore. She's doing well. She needs a bath (hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday) and she's still exhibiting some symptoms that trouble us - but have no 'defined' cause yet. If they persist, then we'll have to pay for a bunch of blood work. We're trying the simple things first. We'll see. She's eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and running around here like her usual self - so I'm confident she's OK. Just still itchy and doing a weird thing with her mouth...kind of a 'tremor' thing. We'll keep an eye on her.

J. and I managed to do some Christmas shopping yesterday - Target was unbelievably not crowded. I had to get some things for our Secret Santa gifting at work - so we also shopped a bit for the boys. The usual....under the tree things.

The kids couldn't handle turkey again last night so we went to Olive Garden. We ate leftovers today (Olive Garden leftovers) so tomorrow, it's back to turkey and fixings. I didn't cook nearly as much as usual - cut down on stuffing and green beans....but we still have so much leftover. Maybe we'll try to freeze the turkey meat and I can make Turkey and Gnocchi soup during the winter break.

We're watching Amazing Race - so glad the older couple are still in it! We are rooting for them!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...