Sunday, November 13, 2011

Shortly

Weekends are just too fast....even long weekends. They just fly by. I feel bummed about it being Monday tomorrow - even though I only have five work days until enjoying another week off. Still, it will be a long week - and November and December are absolutely jammed full of stuff. I hope I snap out of this funk I'm in 'cuz otherwise, it's going to be a long couple of months. Usually my funks lift quickly but this one is sticking around for awhile....not helped by the change of seasons and the change in day light hours. Always hard to be 'in the dark' so much during this time of year.

J. and I had breakfast this morning with some old friends - it was a lot of fun to catch up and reminisce. J. and R. were band mates for 20+ years and R.'s wife C. and I used to hang out at gigs a lot when J. and I were dating. They are a wonderful couple and it's always fun to see them. Nice for J. and I to enjoy some adult company and some time 'out'.

We did a Costco shop immediately after and started to make lists for Christmas. I've already purchased gifts for some family members and feel 'ahead' of the game a bit, which is nice.

Chloe went to the vet on Friday. She's got a strange rash on her inner legs and she's a scratchy mess. And now she's not eating. They put her on antibiotics and gave us special shampoo. We've scheduled a teeth cleaning for her the Friday after Thanksgiving - $700 estimate! Yikes! The exam didn't show any reason for the itching or the change in appetite - so we try the simplest things first and see how it goes. It's hard to have her be uncomfortable - and it's hard to see her not eating. Very not like her....

Looking forward to Breaking Dawn Part I in a week or so. And we bought the DVD/Blue Ray of the final Harry Potter movie and I can't wait to watch it again. And again....

This time next week, I'll be enjoying a Sunday evening before a week off - and I'm hopeful that will make the difference. A week of accomplishing much and moving forward on the vast list of things to do should help. Fewer meetings this coming week so that should also help. I hope so. I am blue....and I have no idea why.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...