Monday, October 04, 2010

Trimming

I am spending the day productively - making it my personal mission to fill up the lawn trimming bin before Wednesday morning's pickup. It's pretty darn full - have trimmed trees, shrubs, etc. Even had H. work with me using a hand saw to saw off some tree branches! There's one more I want to cut off but decided I would wait for J. to see it before I do it - reasonably sure he will agree (it's a big branch hanging right over the pool) - but it's 'big' and I don't want to make that much of an appearance change without him agreeing it's for the best. It is. And he will agree. I hope. :-)

I also need to take a break 'cuz I have blisters on one finger and a blister forming on the palm of my hand....manual labor leaves it's scars.

Also ran a few errands....the ones I didn't get to this weekend. Purchased potting soil and my next project is to re pot the bamboo tree that is looking sad in our entry way. Reasonably sure it's 'root bound' and needs a bigger pot; however, I'm also reasonably sure that it will then be in a pot that is too large for me to move by myself.

H. just got home from school - and my suspicions are up again. He said he's going 'to so-and-so's house and then to a different so and so's house'. When I say 'ok, so I can call over to the first so and so and confirm you are there and there is a parent home', and he replies 'I guess, if you have to'. Moments later, he's on his phone and the plans have changed. He's going to the 2nd so-and-so's house - which I will be checking on momentarily. He's up to something. And he knows I'm on to him so he's being a bit 'sneakier' than usual.....

J. just called for the first time - we've been checking in via email but he was at a very late dinner last night and since he'd had so little sleep the night before, he was wiped out. So we said our good night's via his Blackberry and me at the computer. He's heading to cocktails and dinner again - he travels to NC tomorrow. Miss him.

Even with my huge 'cheating' (cinnamon rolls) this weekend - which wasn't really all that bad since I just ate them as part of my daily points, though admittedly they are not at all healthy - I still lost 3 pounds this week! Yeah! I'm resisting the cinnamony madness wrapped on the stove - leaving them to the boys. They were delicious - but I felt the sugar hit like a truck - and that alone was a great reminder to get back on the 'no sugar is better' plan. It tastes delicious and there's a slight 'boost' - and then you feel like you've been hit by a truck when the carb let down starts. Not for me. Getting used to less sugar is a great thing - cravings are greatly diminished, which is a blessing. My one point treat each evening is doing the trick!

Back outside to do the plant repotting. Am also considering at least hosing off my filthy car. We got some light sprinkles on Sunday which really just made the dirt on the car look like mud. It's a mess.....and I don't like it being so dirty. So I'll see if a quick rinse will help.

Tomorrow, it's back to the trenches - dreading it. But what must be must be.....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...