Thursday, October 14, 2010

Parachute

I spent yesterday in Sacramento listening to the update on the recently passed State budget. I was with my boss who is an entertaining and fun 'travel' buddy. It's great to have a boss that making small talk with is not a problem. We passed the hour+ each way in the car with easy banter and also managed to transact a fair amount of 'business', which is great 'cuz our schedules are both so jammed that we rarely get to spend time catching each other up on our respective worlds.

You know how you hear a song in the early part of your day and it runs through your head from that point on? During the entire class, this song was running through my head....most especially the chorus.

And as it ran through my head, over and over and over, I was thinking of my parachute. My sweet J. And alternating between being so madly in love with my husband and attempting to listen to the business I was supposed to be listening to. Running in my head over and over....'I don't need a parachute, baby, if I've got you'.....

We are a great team in all things - me and my J. . We parent the same (tough love). We work the same (like maniacs). We enjoy a lot of the same things. And it's such a great thing to have someone you know will pick up the slack when you need them to. Someone to catch you if you're falling. I've been feeling like I'm falling a lot lately. I'm not - but I feel like I am.

I post it here and hope you will listen to it or hear it in your car one day - it's catchy.


J., I love you - and I love how there are so many songs that are totally, completely 'you' in my head. Add this one to the list -

I don't tell anyone about the way you hold my hand
Don't tell anyone about the things that we have planned
I won't tell anybody/won't tell anybody
They wanna push me down/they wanna see you fall
I don't tell anybody that you turn the world around
I won't tell anyone that your voice is my favorite sound
I won't tell anybody/won't tell anybody
They wanna see us fall/they wanna see us fall down

Chorus:
I don't need a parachute baby if I've got you
Baby, if I've got you, I don't need a parachute
You're gonna catch me/you're gonna catch if I fall
(down, down, down)

Don't believe the things you tell yourself so late at night
You are your own worst enemy; you'll never win the fight
Just hold on to me and I'll hold onto you
it's you and me against the world it's you and me, love

I don't believe anything, don't trust anyone anymore
But I believe you when you say we're never gonna fall
Hand behind my neck, arm around my waist
Never let me hit the ground, you'll never let me crash down

I won't fall outta love
I won't fall outta...
I'll fall into you

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...