Saturday, October 16, 2010

Macy's!

It's a big weekend in our town - Macy's is opening this week! We made a donation to our church in exchange for passes to the new store TODAY - five days before the 'official' opening! Our shopping list is long and we can't wait!! We just finished 'brunch' (eggs, toast, turkey sausage) that was both breakfast and lunch and we're heading out soon.

H. is driving to Alameda today to visit a friend. It's a long drive and I'm nervous about it - but he's been planning this rendezvous for a long time. Visiting a cute girl trumps shopping at Macy's any day of the week - and weekends are pretty much the only time he can visit her.

I've emptied the shred bin (by shredding, of course! Unlike last week when H. helped me by emptying it unshredded into the giant recycle bin outside. Luckily, we were able to successfully fish out everything). Updated my status on Weight Watchers (down 2.5 lbs this week!!). Attempted to tidy up my desk. Lots to do this weekend - and I hope to try to make a batch of cinnamon rolls for work on Monday. Today is 'Bosses Day' and my team gave me a really pretty plant and a nice card yesterday. We're all dieting but on a Monday morning, I suspect they will agree to a splurge and enjoy a breakfast treat.

Grocery, errands, Macy's, yard work....busy weekend!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...