Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday!

It's a beautiful, beautiful day here - crystal clear, sunny blue skies. Spring is here. Freesias are blooming and tulips are budding. My bulb-happy husband is so proud of his Spring madness! and deservedly so. We love our bulbs!

I have big, big plans today - first on the list is running to WalMart for our monthly shop. Did I say WalMart? Yes, indeedy, I did. They've totally remodeled the place and wow, it's awesome. And far less expensive than Target - so depending on my 'mood', I'll go to WalMart these days. We can get a lot of groceries there - and the prices are fantastic. It's a bit of a drive but no further than Target - and I need to get gas at Costco and WalMart's next door.

New Moon comes out today on DVD! I can't wait to pop that movie into the DVD player in the study and do our taxes! Vampires and deductions sounds like a winning combination, don't you think?

Checkbooks need balancing; bills need paying; home budget needs planning. Desk needs organizing; garage needs culling. The list never ends - but it's a gorgeous Saturday of sun and fun so it's all good. We are so, so happy for the sunshine. Chloe will be stretched out on her side, doing what we call her 'dead dog' imitation, just soaking up the rays!

So, I'm off - so far, the first 12 hours of the weekend have been drama free and the outlook is bright.....wish me luck. Can we really have a drama-free weekend? Really?

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...