Saturday, March 27, 2010

AMT

More posts in draft stage (including some pictures from our trip to SF on Thursday)...but I have to state for the record:

Alternative Minimum Tax, I loathe you!

We are paying FIVE TIMES what we paid last year. It's not like I'm not aware we will usually/almost always end up writing a ginormous check to the IRS & State of California every year. But this year's checks will be more than FIVE TIMES what we paid last year.

DARN IT!

Makes me really glad I didn't splurge on the totally unnecessary but oh-so-pretty bauble I found at Macy's on our anniversary. 'Cuz if I had purchased it, I'd be marching myself back attempting to return it right about now.

We are going on a strict budget for the next few months to replenish our savings after I write these checks. Makes me sick.

On a good note, I'm thankful we are both gainfully employed with a warm home, clothes and food.....and glad we do have the savings to pay the tax man. I know we are blessed - and I thank God for that every single day. Twice - at least.

I stop my rant and return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...