Monday, March 02, 2009

Facebook

I've finally started updating my Facebook...have received a few invites and just spent a bit of time 'finding' friends and asking them to add me as a friend. Hope they will.

I'm REFUSING to do any other 'networks'. Got a request from an acquaintance on "Linked In" (something like that) and I'm not registering for that in order to 'accept the invitation'...I just don't have the time (and more than that, the patience) to set up another 'network' of friends. So if you want to reach me, it's Facebook or nothing.

This morning, my hubby posted on my aunt's Facebook 'wall' - to let her know that I've finally reached the point in my political evolution that I was yelling at the TV this morning during the 'This Week with George Stephanopoulos'. He had Karl Rove on - I was so shocked and disappointed...I mean, what is up with that?? HE was the only Republican available to offer that perspective? The man lies. A lot. He's in contempt of Congress, for crying out loud. He's refused to cooperate with a Congressional subpoena - but he's on 'This Week'? What's up with that? I threatened to send George a nasty email stating that if he EVER had that asshole on the program again, I would boycott his program FOREVER. Which would be hard to do since it's on every single Sunday morning and we watch it if we're here; record it if we're not.

J. was kind of proud of me...and amused since I'm always admonishing him to keep his comments to a minimum...we have a lot of 'talk' shows on and he can get pretty 'involved' - and I'm always reminding him 'J., it's just a TV show. Dial it back, babe'. This morning, it was his turn.

Thank goodness Katrina Vanden Heuvel was also on and she gave Rove what for! Sort of made it worth it....though it was still hard for me to stomach Rove on that program....

George, you really should know better.

J. said 'he wants people on there who get a good debate going'. I said 'but he can't possibly want people on there that are going to piss off his audience so much that we won't watch his show anymore. He's walking a very fine line here bringing that guy on the show'.

1 comment:

hsvjm said...

M...that is why I don't watch those liberal shows...they rasie my bloodpressure. Hugs, sc

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...