Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

I'm blogging in the light of my computer - only. Are you? We are participating in Earth Hour. At 8:30, for one hour, we turned off all the lights in the house. We don't have many on anyway since we (typically - though with the kids, you never know) leave lights on only in rooms we are in at the moment. But we seriously are sitting in the dark. J. is watching TV in the family room (TV is allowed) and I am blogging and/or surfing blogs on my laptop (computers are allowed) in the study.

Hoping you participated, too!

J. and I went out to dinner ALONE and shared a margarita - and had great Mexican food. We got another errand on tomorrow's list 'done' by quickly running into Smart and Final just before it closed to get milk and sugar free vanilla syrup for my latte in the morning. We were OUT and I really missed my vanilla latte this morning.

The boys are out and about. Home any minute and we'll have to quickly tell them to turn the lights off!! B. is heading to the house of a band member that lives out in the country where they can practice all night long. He will spend the night and they will practice tomorrow morning and into the afternoon - the big debut is tomorrow night. Modesto Live - doors open at 6:15 and concert starts at 6:30. We think B.'s group will take the stage by 8ish. There's quite a few people coming - which pleases me. Makes me happy for him and us that we have so many great friends who are taking time out of their busy schedules to be there for B.'s big night. It will be great!

1/2 hour to go. Can we make it? I know we can.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...