Monday, March 23, 2009

David

David Letterman FINALLY (FINNNNAAAALLLYYYY) married his long time (over TWENTY YEARS) girlfriend in Montana last week. I am so glad to hear that. Julia Roberts was just on his show last week and she razzed him about his 'unmarried' status....maybe it finally 'worked' 'cuz he and his son's mama tied the knot in a civil ceremony. I've loved him for years - always watch his show (vs. the other guy) if I'm up that late and frequently tape it - and his transformation since becoming a dad is something that I've enjoyed more than I can describe. He is so in love with his son and so surprised at the intensity of his feelings as a parent - and it has softened him so much. Made him so much more 'real' in so many ways. He described it to Julia as some kind of kinetic 'charge' from within and she said 'it just splits you wide open'. That it does.

I thought 'I can't wait to see where you are in 10 or 15 years when Harry is turning 15 or 20 - 'cuz the kid you're so in love with now is going to be a completely different deal'.

And yet, he'll love him just the same....like I do mine. And I do.

I drove H. to a friend's house for a study group - and surprised him by handing him the car key (after grabbing his driver's permit out of the drawer in the study). He declined 'cuz he has a headache. There was something about him on the drive over - he's beyond handsome these days and has that same, mischievous grin that he was born with that pretty much leaves the recipient of the smile wrapped around his little finger. He's funny and amusing and sweet. When he's not being everything opposite of that. Today was a 'sweet H.' day and those don't happen much these days. So I enjoyed the ride over and missed him on the way back.

The great thing about spending virtually all day yesterday cooking is plenty of leftovers for tonight! I love NOT cooking any night of the week but ESPECIALLY on Mondays! Maybe I'm onto a trick I know some people do: cook a lot of stuff on the weekend to have ready during the week. I might have to give that a try...

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...