Monday, February 23, 2009

Academy

We watched the Oscars last night. LOVE Hugh Jackman - what's not to love? He's just great! And on the Barbara Walters special after the Oscars, he clearly was a guy madly in love with his wife - and I love guys who are like that. Still crazy about their bride and not afraid to show it! He rocked!

I like the 'new' format - it felt more intimate and focused more on the actors who did the work to get there. The only thing I did kind of 'miss' were clips of a scene from the nominated work - but then, if they'd had that, it wouldn't have felt as clearly 'new' format wise as it did. I liked having a former winner in each category (of the big categories) give praise to a nominee. I thought that was kind of neat.

I stayed home sick today - I avoid calling in anytime - but most especially Mondays when it seems so obvious that you just couldn't face the thought of a day of work and so extended your weekend into a 3 day. For me, this was not the case - I have been under the weather much of the weekend and even after taking it easy yesterday (when I had more than enough to do around the house and the same (or more) amount of work that I carted home after working most of Saturday), I just felt like the day at home would be better. I won't bore you with the details. It was just better to be in closer proximity to a room with a lot of porcelain in it. 'Nuf said.

I did work a good chunk of the day - my laptop was set up for remote access on Friday and it worked like a dream. So I was productive for at least 1/2 of the day, thus saving myself 4 hours of sick time. Yeah me!

I sent the boys out to pickup cheap Chinese - had to practically beg B. to drive there. Resisted reminding him that technically, we own the car; we pay for the gas and all the upkeep; etc. So perhaps he could take 1/2 hour out of his day and go pick up dinner - since having called in sick, I don't feel right about 'going to the mall'.

Chloe is in my lap quivering - I can't tell if she's shaking because she's sniffing - or if she's shaking because she's cold. Either are possible - both are likely. Time to turn the heat on, I guess.

Boys just walked in. I will dare to eat - have not had much the past few days...it will either kill me or cure me....

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...