Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring!

I have been meaning to post about the color appearing in our backyward. The patio pots are in full bloom as are the many plants around the yard perimeter. J's bulbs are coming up, offering surprises on a regular basis. We sort of forget about them until the flowers start appearing, hidden among shrubs. I've wanted to post but describing how beautiful they are and how happy the yard makes me during this time of year (my favorite - SPRING!) is hard to do.

I asked J. to please mow the backyard - because it takes Chloe FOREVER to decide where to piddle when she has to gingerly and oh-so-carefully navigate the 'high' lawn (when you're low to the ground, anything but 'just trimmed' is high). It took him all of 4 minutes - we don't have much lawn left since most of the yard is the pool.

He appeared after mowing with the greeting 'Happy Spring' - and this is what he delivered to me. These are ALL from our backyard. Aren't they absolutely lovely? I loved 'mixed' bouquets most of all - and especially this mixed bouquet because it was delivered by my love.

Happy Spring and enjoy the warmth and sunshine. If you live in an area where Spring has yet to arrive, hang in there. It won't be long!









No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...