Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nose

Oh, the horror that is my nose. As if the outside, red, peel-y soreness isn't bad enough (and let me assure you, it is quite enough already), the inside is just a wreck. So incredibly sore - I can barely blow my nose. It's awful. This sinus infection is unlike any other - it will NEVER end. And I won't gross you out by describing everything in great detail - but whatever the heck is in it that needs to come out simply WILL NOT. No amount of blowing, rinsing, etc. makes any difference. It's a wreck. A two-holed, peel-y, red, angry, pissed off wreck.

I was on my Farm 51 game for a bit and was chatting with a new 'friend' in Michigan - and she gave me a couple things to try - which involve meds that will undoubtedly leave me curled up in bed in a Benadryl (among other over the counter pharmaceuticals) induced fog. It's looking like a Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD weekend - that is my 'I'm in recuperation' mode viewing choice (remember the kidney stone episode a few months back?). Actually, an 'excuse' to stay curled up in bed all day and sleep off and on sounds heavenly, even if it weren't to cure a sinus issue.

I will have to rouse myself from bed long enough to get pics of B. in his cool tux - 2PM pictures, 4PM limo departure. It's a big group, hence the long time in between. 13 couples. That's a lot to get 'organized' into a cohesive unit. We will torture him the requisite amount to recoup the gillions of dollars in outgo we've made for this little 'event'. It's going to be a memorable day, that's for sure.

If I could, I would 'snake out' my sinuses. Seriously. I've tried everything else. Rinsing them out only seems to be making them worse.

OK, sorry. I've reached a new low in my blogdom - discussing a body cavity (or in this case cavities) in great length. I'll try to liven it up tomorrow. In between lavaging, sneezing, blowing and generally being miserable. I think my nose has created a new industrial strength bonding agent or something. Maybe I should patent it.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...