Monday, April 14, 2008

Finito

Finished our taxes on Sunday - filed and 'confirmed' received by both the Fed and State. Also filed J's brothers for him (that is a long story and I will not go into it at this point - it was a weekend unlike any weekend I've ever had nor hope to have anytime in the near future). Anyway, we're waiting for the confirm back from the Fed on his - but they are 'in'.

We had to pay just under $500 to the Feds and will get a whopping $69 back from State. And our 'tax rebate' to stimulate the economy is a whopping $237. I sort of already spent it on my Mothers' Day gift - a Dooney & Bourke wallet I've been coveting that went on clearance...and a matching coin purse because I have no place to store my change before I put it in the coin jar. Really. And Mother's Day is crossed off J's list 'cuz it's done. Isn't that great? I know - I'm really good to him (as he is to me). I was disappointed in the reduction (drastic, honestly) but acknowledge that it is adjusted that much because we make that much - so I can't complain. And I feel good about doing my part - promptly spending it 'in advance' of the government actually paying us.

There was a dead rat in the pool this morning - he was likely fleeing a cat and made a wrong turn. Took me awhile to figure out what it was as dawn was breaking - but once I made out something that looked 'tail-like' it was pretty clear it wasn't some kind of leaf or something. So I let J. know so he'd take care of it before he left. And before the pool vac tried to take care of it for us. That would be gross.

High winds here today - out of nowhere. The weekend weather was so beautiful that everyone dressed in Spring clothes - and we all were freezing to death as we made our way from our all day meeting to the bathroom. Cold, biting wind and blowing so hard that the little bits of 'tan bark' from the playgrounds were actually hurting as they hit arms, ankles, etc. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

J's youngest brother is expected here any minute - he spent the day visiting the middle brother who is in a 'care center' recovering from a kidney infection. He's been very 'unwell' this past weekend - and we are hoping he's turned a corner and doing better. Say a prayer. He needs them. I will attempt to be a congenial host, though I'm not good at it and most certainly don't really 'like' company on weeknights - and Mondays are particularly bad. But I'll cope. Lasagna, garlic bread and a nice salad will be cooking as soon as I push 'post'.

Not much new. I have more to say but it will have to wait for another post, another day.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...