Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fire

There's a fire in the fireplace this evening. It is a bit chilly outside, though I personally didn't consider it as 'fire worthy'. H. loves a fire in the fireplace and since it was 'cloudy' outside, and bit chilly, (and he was cold because he has a tshirt and shorts on), he built a fire. It was odd to come home to that on a mid-April evening - but it's nice. Feels homey.

I finally got around to return the Doris Day show DVDs I've had since February - during the writer's strike, I was watching a season every week. But I sort of lost track and stopped watching them...and then Hawaii ....and I still didn't watch them. So I finally just mailed them back. We got the movies "Michael Clayton" and "Juno" this past weekend. And the movie "Once" is on it's way for delivery tomorrow. Juno is FANTASTIC - I just love it. I've watched it twice already and will still watch it again when J. wants to watch. It's great! Michael Clayton is good - we've started watching it and can't wait to find a couple hours of quiet time to finish. We'll hopefully get to watch them this weekend.

B. has prom this weekend - they are to be dressed and meet at a friends house at 2PM for pics. Then the bus picks them up and takes them to Santa Cruz for dinner. Then back to Tracy for the actual dance. I am glad they decided to go to the dance - there was talk of just going to a party and we weren't too keen on that. But the dance will be fine. We're still trying to get a few details out of B. (for example, like how they will get home? Will the limo be there at the end of the dance to take kids home? If not, we'll have to go pick him up, which means one of us (me or J.) have to remain awake enough to drive to the school. I can't wait to see him in his tux with his date. They picked out corsages today - I'll try to post a pic here on Saturday.

H. announced that he was measured today at school and he's 5'9" - he will be 15 in a month. And he's most definitely still growing. He's grown a full half foot in the past 6 months. He's like an amaryllis plant - keeps growing, and growing, and growing....amazing.

I went to the doctor yesterday to be diagnosed with another sinus infection. I'm actually not sure it's a 'new' infection - since I saw the doctor in February and was still having symptoms throughout our Hawaii trip. So it never really went away. Another round of antibiotics, a new antihistamine and a spray, and still washing them out with saline as often as I can. It's been pretty miserable the past few days. Hopefully, I'll feel better soon - it's 8PM and I'm going to (already) head up to bed. Pretty darn tired.

I also managed today to pick up my cool new sunglasses, get my regular glasses adjusted and get my hair done. A new 'more honey' color and a shorter, shoulder length cut. Little by little, I'm heading back to short hair. Not quite ready for a full cut but it's coming. This 'new' style requires some foofing but that's OK. I will give myself an extra 20 minutes in the morning to blow it dry and then it should just be a couple swipes with the curling iron, some hair spray and it should be good to go. I'm not one for a lot of 'foof' but I can do it when it's required. And this shorter look will need something other than 'wash and wear'.

I had two full days of 'open schedule' which was great. We have our annual 'shred' event - where a truck comes and shreds things we don't need anymore - so I have to clean out some binders, etc. It's a good time to just regroup and get some things organized. And I got a lot of 'paperwork' done. Sadly, tomorrow is back to days of meeting after meeting. But I did make a lot of progress. Am starting to work on the budget and preparing for year-end. It's a busy time of year - everyone scrambles to hit the deadlines - and frequently don't. We muddle through.

American Idol is on now so I'll sign off to watch it. I really have no clear favorite. It's funny that I even watch it 'cuz I don't really like it until the top 12 are picked - and then it's just interesting to see the talents unfold week after week as the pack is narrowed down. I know a lot of people love the auditions - especially the bad ones - but I just don't like to watch that. Guess I just don't want to watch train wrecks in process. But once they've narrowed it down, I really enjoy seeing them branch out and challenge themselves with what they're doing week after week. They are most definitely out of their comfort zone - and those challenges bring out some amazing talent.

Kind of like the way I feel about me and my job. There are challenges - and I am out of my comfort zone often. But I know I am really great at this job and that's something to be really thankful for.

1 comment:

Transplante de Cabelo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...