Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mum

I am remaining mum at this point. So many things to say. To people. To particular people. And to no one in particular - but I just want to say it. But I won't. It won't resolve anything and it's all too complicated.

Drove to the lovely town of Woodland again today for my 2nd to the last Yolo County CBO class. Arrived early enough to stop at the local WalMart and get lotion, Kleenex, a notebook, some pretty 'folders' and a pen. Left the house totally unprepared and with itchy skin and runny nose. I really like that town. It's really pretty and it's growing a bit but still has that 'small farm community' feel. Grain silos everywhere. Trains everywhere, too - lots of agriculture there.
The drive is about 2 hours depending on traffic - and it's always longer getting there than coming home - Sacto traffic and the Hwy. 80 interchange are always 'a mess'. I'll be experiencing that mess again in a few weeks when I drive to Sparks, NV. for a conference/dinner where my boss is being honored. Our last class there is May 19th and I'm going to miss the catering. It is the best 'workshop' food any of us have EVER had - it is just delicious EVERY TIME. Today was some kind of cheesy, tortellini casserole - with pesto AND tomato sauce, plenty of mushrooms and roasted peppers. It was great! I will miss those lunches. But I won't miss departing the house at 5:30 and driving 2 hours and then sitting in class for 7+ hours and driving back home. These are some very long days. But the classes are almost over so I can make it - YEAH! And every class has been great!

I arrived home, caught up on emails and found myself 'anxious' and not sure why. So I put on Chloe's harness and leash and we went for a little walk. It got my blood going and helped me 'de-stress' a bit. Will try to make a habit of that.

It's only Wednesday and I've already worked 35 hours this week - in 3 days. That's bad, but not unusual for weeks when I have our monthly meeting - and much to prepare for that. It's always a marathon week and this week is no exception. Usually, Wednesdays after are 'wind-down' days but since I had the class today, there was no unwinding. Maybe tomorrow. When I wade through the stacks and stacks of stuff on my desk.

OK -time for dinner and I'm really hoping to get to bed early tonight and actually SLEEP.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...