Monday, November 08, 2021

Reflection

I puttered around the house after we returned from Reno yesterday.  Always plenty to do.  I'd made a quick trip to Savemart last week and they were having their 5 for $5 - such a great deal to stock up on meat items for (often) half off or more!  I got a lot of boneless pork ribs and boneless pork chops.  I didn't want to risk wasting the meat so I got ribs going - easy slow bake in the oven, baste with BBQ sauce and bake another hour - they were delicious!  

This just showed up in my Facebook feed and I needed it.

 

There is always something good to come out of whatever things happen.  Time to reflect on this very blessed life.  Confirmation that every experience has learnings intrinsic in wherever you are at that moment.  I don't mean it to sound preachy or flippant.  But this was a reminder I needed - to recognize the learnings from whatever is happening.  

It's hard so much these days and I am struggling more than I like to admit about H. .  The hardness of all the stuff I feel and think about him every minute of every day really makes anything hard even more so. I feel sad about simple things but the sadness of those simple things gets magnified so incredibly out of whack.  

I had a good weekend of escaping - the thing I used to love doing when we lived in California.  Spent a weekend playing slots, having beers, meeting people, playing with friends, spending time with J. .  It was a great, fun 'escape' of a weekend and those don't happen much these days since we live here now!  No more four hour drives to get to my happy place - 30 minutes and I'm there!  

I live to play another day!  And a Big Win is always just one spin away!  
 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...