Thursday, November 18, 2021

Making a Change (Most Likely)

I think I'm going to be making a huge change in 2022.  Another horrible day at Atlantis.  Zero fun, plenty of loss.  I told J. on the way home 'I have so many other things to feel incredibly sad about - I don't want to continue to feel sad weekly over free play and $30 worth of food'.  

We may end up not playing enough to keep all the perks we have now - but we've decided that will be OK. I was most worried about J.'s golf tournament next Spring but he said he could always play at those courses on his own - there was only one course that's private.  All the others would still be available to him - just not the tournament perks and prizes. 

We'll see.  I've talked with a lot of other loyal Atlantis players who are experiencing the same thing - including a person I see playing often who shared with me that he lost $15,000 over the past week.  Yikes!  That's incredibly bad. That loss rate is hard to explain - and I think that's what is so tricky about the change.  Long time loyal locals like me who have always played there because the wins keep you going....only there are few wins these days.  It's such a huge change - it's easy to keep playing because it's so 'usual' for the game to eventually start paying.  

I am honestly liking the idea of not trekking to Reno as often.  I'm sure we'll still go.  We have a lot of comps and we will use them.  B. and his friend R. will be spending a night there in December when B. is here because they have a really fun evening together and it's a treat for them both.  But removing the (self inflicted) pressure of playing and losing (as things appear to stand now) is something I think I need to do.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...