Friday, November 05, 2021

40 MPH Gusts

HUGE winds here yesterday.  I said to J. 'I think we need to go out and take the bird baths down' - and 10 minutes later, we lost a bird bath.  Blew the bowl off the rock we wedged it on and shattered.  Darn it!  

And the porta potty for the construction next door blew over as well.  

I love having the wind gauge because we know exactly how strong the winds are.  

We drove to Reno and took the back roads - stayed off the high bridges.  Relieved to see a mass of 18 wheelers pulled off the freeway waiting it out.  That's the first time we've seen the high wind warning for truckers to exit in effect and they complied.  

Had fun at Atlantis and hit a Maxi jackpot on Mighty Cash Ultra - which is fast becoming my new favorite and will keep me mostly away from Dragonlink this weekend.  

J. is doing a bunch of appointments and tests today to hopefully get cleared for hip replacement surgery in early December.  Fingers crossed the timing will work out.  It's a carefully orchestrated process and if you don't follow the process Medicare may not cover the procedure.  

I was super excited last night to realize that I can bend my thumb at the first knuckle for the first time in months.  It was stiff and not bending when I woke up this morning but it's loosening up already and is back to bending a bit.  I am so happy about it - 

I'm heading to Atlantis in a bit with a suitcase - staying tonight and likely tomorrow night.  J. will join me tomorrow.  Hoping for some big wins but at least know I will be having fun relaxing a bit in my happy place.  

Wishing everyone a great weekend, including me and my best beloved.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...