Friday, March 27, 2020

Things We're Missing

Being confined to 'quarters' isn't all that bad.  And as I've alluded to previously, now that I'm retired, being mostly home is 'the norm'.

I need a haircut badly.  My hair is short.  Has been for a (very, extremely) long time.  It's so long, the bangs are in my eyes constantly.  I'm ready to do an Amazon shop for haircutting shears and a razor with attachments.  I know I absolutely shouldn't do that....never cut your bangs.  Every hairdresser I've EVER had has admonished me to never do that.  But these are desperate times and I can't help but think I need to do something.

We don't have cable TV in the rental - we couldn't get Dish to put in a satellite dish that wouldn't create issues with us 'leasing/renting'...so we didn't risk it.  We've been making the most of our Netflix, Amazon Prime and CBS All Access subscriptions.  B. has free Disney + through his Verizon phone account and he 'shared' his membership with us - so we get Disney and a host of other channels, too - including National Geographic and a bunch of others.

We're re-watching The Good Fight, West Wing and lots of other favorite shows.  We've enjoyed The New Pope and the movie Two Popes. You Tube has TONS of content - J. can watch a lot of the political talk shows he's missing by waiting a day (or two) for them to be uploaded to You Tube.

Tonight, we started watching Ozark.  J. has watched it for a while and has tried to get me to try it - so we're watching it and so far, it's pretty good!

And - EXCITING NEWS - the weekly update about the house status said we're about 30 days out from certificate of occupancy.  Seriously?  WHOA!  Woot woot!  We'll be spending this weekend getting all the loan docs together.

I seriously doubt it will be 30 days - but even if it's 45, it's still getting close!!  Can't wait!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can make a run to the store for hair gel or spray if needed. LOL

J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...