Thursday, March 26, 2020

For the Benefit Of Science

The President continues to advocate for being 'back to normal' by Easter.  Thankfully, it appears that there are many other (much smarter, actually competent) people who realize that is a pipe dream.  Expecting us to return to normal - with 'full churches on Easter Sunday' - is basically sentencing an even larger population of people to death. 

He's an idiot.  Seriously.  A stupid, uniformed moron who's used to getting his way in life. 

I am appalled.  And scared. 

I read in comments people who say 'he's doing such a good job - lay off bashing him'.  And I'm rendered speechless by these people - because seriously.  Just how many equally stupid people are in America?  As if his sexual assault confessions aren't enough to render him inept because we all know what a truly 'bad' person he is. 

I was scanning through some comments regarding COVID-19 and came across a link where Biden was accused of sexual assault.  It had all the feelings of 'Russia' - someone inserting a new topic out of the blue in a comment stream about something completely different.  I was gravely concerned - until my ever level-headed husband said 'well, meaningless considering Trump IS known to have committed sexual assault and it's made no difference'. 

Whoa.  Let that sink in a moment. 

Possible (continued) Russian influence makes no difference because OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT IS A KNOWN SEXUAL PREDATOR. 

Holy Mother of God. 

We continue to practice what has been 'ordered' - sheltering in place for the most part.  We will likely make a weekly trip to a store (or two) to procure supplies but for the most part, we are house bound.  It's OK.  I'm a homebody so it's been fine - though sometimes I think 'I'd like to go shopping for no particular reason other than I haven't in a long time.  Getting out sounds good'.  But we are totally fine hanging out. 

I ordered a jigsaw puzzle and it arrived today - so we have TV and a puzzle and plenty to do. 

I'm conducting an experiment today - I had a couple (OK, I had 3) beers today and I'm going to see how my congestion is tomorrow.  I have some days/nights where my nose is full of 'gunk' and other days when I'm fine.  And since the quarantine, I've been more fine than not and I think (wonder) if the difference is beer?  The beer I like has a lot of wheat in it - so my theory is that my wheat sensitivity (never medically confirmed but definitely confirmed by avoiding wheat) creates the congestion. 

If I 'prove' that my congestion is greatly worse post a day when I've had beer with wheat in it, then I'll have to (sadly) decide to mostly not consume it.

Guess I might be switching to wine which is fine - we have plenty.

It is sleeting - small round 'pellets' that melt the minute they land.  The clouds that are producing the sleet have a murky brown appearance - which is also the same clouds that we've witnessed producing snow even though there's sun shining.  Like I've alluded to, weather is really interesting here. 

We 'celebrated' our 30th anniversary yesterday with a nice steak dinner.  Not exactly as nice as the Atlantis Steakhouse but it was delicious. So was the champagne.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...