Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Sleepy

One of the many amazing things about being retired is the ability to sleep pretty much whenever I feel like sleeping.  Some days, I have an overwhelming urge for a nap in early afternoon and on occasion, I go ahead and sleep mid-day.  Today was one of those days. 

Staying well rested is another weapon in the fight against coronavirus so I'm going to keep ensuring I feel rested no matter what it takes. 

A retired friend told me (before I retired) that she's up every day at 7AM and I commented 'why don't you sleep in more?'.  She said she just couldn't - and I'm doing the exact same thing.  Up usually a bit before 7AM daily and no matter what I try, I can't sleep past that.  I have a considerably later bed time these days than when I was working - but it's pretty much the same two hour slide.  Two hours later to bed in conjunction with two hours later getting up. 

I've always liked some quiet morning time to myself so it's OK. 

Mid-day, when I sometimes feel wiped out, I've decided to give in and sleep some.  Today, I slept over 2 hours....so I need to set an alarm so it's really only an hour nap vs. multiple hours.

We haven't heard from the mortgage people yet but we got a text from Discover Card confirming an inquiry on our credit report so we know things are in process. 

J. ended up not playing golf - it was an early tee time and the sky was overcast with some random sprinkles.  Also a bit windy.  Three of the four guys planning to play decided not to - just not warm enough.  J. doesn't enjoy playing when you're miserable - so he came home. 

He stopped at the house and confirmed the cabinets are all installed.  The flooring 'manager' was there, taking a look around to confirm they can start flooring installation this week.  He told J. 'this is a really beautiful house'.  Makes me smile.  It is, it really is. 

I can't wait to be having my morning coffee looking out the huge glass wall onto the golf course.  Such a beautiful time of day. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!

J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...