Friday, March 20, 2020

Cooking Up a Storm

When I retired, I promised myself I'd spend more time cooking.  I really do enjoy cooking - though the nightly pressure of coming up with something for dinner has never been my favorite thing.  When I worked, J. pretty much took care of dinners - but now I'm home more so it's my turn.

I'm also finding cooking to be a good diversion from pandemic news. 

B. confirmed that one of the units working the deployment with them has a confirmed case of corona virus.  B. said it's in a different unit - but B. had a meeting with some people from that unit so.  Hoping he won't get sick. 

I woke up feeling a tad punky but....hydration is helping.

I've turned leftover pumpkin pie filling into pumpkin bread.  The bread is questionable.  The recipe didn't call for baking powder but I wanted to add it - only we have no idea where it is.  Oh well.  It's baked and likely edible. 

I've got a pork roast in the oven for dinner - cooking it now because I keep forgetting to get it going.  And it is already 2PM.  Time flies, which is good. 

Next on the cooking list is a chicken tamale pie recipe that uses Jiffy cornbread as the base.  Sounds yummy and we have some leftover chicken from a roasted chicken I got at Walmart last week. 

Heard from a friend who is temporarily living with her son and his family while her new house in Elk Grove is being built.  She's more than ready to be back in her own place - her move in date is mid-May.  Her cabinets are being installed soon - and so are ours!!  So I'd love to hope for a mid-May completion but....who knows.  We just know it's getting closer and that's exciting.

We're binge watching Transparent on Amazon and watching a host of topics on You Tube. 


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...