Monday, January 22, 2018

First Sick Day of 2018

I truly hardly ever call in sick.  Most things I can push through - but stomach stuff isn't one of them.  I spent a good part of the night in the bathroom and when I woke up this morning, I just couldn't do it.  I trekked downstairs to enter my absence, email those who need to know I'm absent, feed the dog, take the dog out (twice) and then went back to bed.  Came downstairs at 10AM and not feeling great.  Low key day close to a bathroom.

I ate super 'badly' at the Sacramento event.  Ate things that I know not to eat.  But I ate what was there to eat and I'm paying for it.  I will be significantly more careful in two weeks when I'm at the next training.  Just because food is available and free doesn't mean I need to eat more than I do on a normal day.  'Cuz my innards don't appreciate the overload and they really punish me for it.  Seriously.

My boss is in the office today which I know 'cuz he's been emailing me non-stop.  I know he's doing as much as he can non-stop on the days he's in the office because with his dad's health issues, he's out of the office a bit these days, too.  Poor guy.  I remember that feeling - so well.

This morning, our favorite winery called us to offer a sale of 20% everything and $1 shipping.  We did a review of what we wanted and ordered two cases of wine.  J. initially said 'we've got plenty' but then I reminded him that I think I will be drinking more often when we have 4 more people here daily.  A glass of wine with dinner every night is something I could get used to.  Or at least a couple times a week.  We bought some wines with R. in mind - she likes whites.  And we splurged on a couple bottles of really delicious reds. 

It's drizzly and cold here today -

With negotiations and a board meeting on tomorrow's calendar, I have to get there tomorrow - so I'm eating lightly today and praying things calm down.  Early to bed for me tonight and hoping for better sleep (any sleep would be better than last night) so I can awake refreshed and ready for what tomorrow brings.


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...