Monday, July 03, 2017

Happy 4th

My entire office took today as a vacation day so Business has been officially closed for the four day weekend...however, the chiming of my phone reminds me that in a little more than 36 hours, I will be heading back to the office.  It's been a wonderful break and I've been basically vegging for a few days - the Game of Thrones marathon ensured a few days of little done.

I'm trying to make up for it a bit today - took every pot and pan out from under the stove (cupboard) and cleaned every inch of the space.  Hard to do because it's about 4 feet deep and to reach the back and corners, I've had to be down on my knees...which hurts like the dickens but oh well.

H. says he might be coming over but....nothing he plans is ever certain so I'm not holding my breath. I was hoping for his help in one more good wipe down...and then I can start putting things back.  I've run every pan we're keeping through the dishwasher and have a box ready for donation.  I'm in a cleaning/culling kind of mood and trying to take advantage of that while I have it!

Chloe has been unwell since returning from the puppy spa.  She won't eat her kibble.  I think she may have a tooth bothering her - she just ate two scrambled eggs but even those were consumed gingerly without a lot of gusto.  She's drinking and peeing and pooping so...we'll just keep an eye on her.  J. is going to pick up her Rx food in canned form to give her a couple days of easier eating.

I have a haircut in about 45 minutes not too far from the house - and next to Taco Bell - so it will be a 'no cooking' night for us.  We're sticking to a strict budget these days - determined to put a dent in our trip expenses in advance of dipping into saving at some point - so we're living off the land and writing down everything we spend.  It's amazing how that simple 'step' makes you rethink purchases before you make them.  But Taco Bell is happening 'cuz on 'Majah haircut' days, that's what we do.

I haven't had makeup on for over a week so perhaps I should give it a try.  Good practice for day after tomorrow when I will have to make myself presentable.


No comments:

March

I'm starting to think maybe I will just do a monthly post and call it what it is - whatever month we're in.  Here we are winding dow...