Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Today's Workout

brought to you by painting stair risers.  Geez....my legs were shaking uncontrollably and the rest of me felt like Jello - so that's a sign of a pretty darn great workout - no equipment (except paint, brush, wipe cloth, sweat wipe cloth, edger, paint tray) required.

J. is heading to San Leandro in about an hour to visit with his brother - brother's celebrating a birthday today so nice that J.'s monthly visit coincides with a special day.

I painted 9 stair risers in one session - though I'm pretty convinced we are going to need to do a second coat.  Totally want it to look great and stand up to wear and tear as much as possible so if a second coat will make that happen, we'll do it.

H. is already at school this morning meeting with friends.  At least I hope that's where he is.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day working on my desk and bedroom.

Trying not to obsessively check emails.  I'm off.  I need to be off!

Dinner last night was fantastic.  I love this friend so much and we always just jump back in with both feet and pick up right where we left off.  It was a really wonderful evening - and at some point, I had a thought of 'I have no idea what time it is and it's going to be really hard to get up in the morning' and then I remembered 'I'm off tomorrow!!'.  Slept in until just before 8 which was really great!

OK - I'm re-hydrating while J. does a little more trim work using up the paint in the tray.  Then I'll get to cleaning the equipment and letting what we've done today dry.  Might try to do the second coat later this afternoon when J. gets home - if my legs can take it!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...