Monday, November 23, 2015

This Feels Strange

It's Monday evening and I am technically now on 'vacation' for the rest of the week.  However, judging by the stack of stuff I brought home to work on and my plans for also being in the office F-Sat-Sun (hopefully not all but we'll see) make it feel not all that vaction-y.  It feels weird to have a Monday evening be 'vacation-eve'.

After what can only be described as a weird day (that will leave me feeling unsettled and unsure for all the upcoming days off), I was able to head home just after 2PM.  I trekked to the bank and Starbucks on the way home only to realize that I had left my wallet in my desk drawer at home - so I had to just head home.  J. and I headed straight out together and went back to the bank and Starbucks, then across town for Winco shopping.  We'd synced our lists, checked our pantry, adjusted our lists and got the shopping done in record time - have everything we need to get us through the week and all the fixings for Thanksgiving.  Glad that to-do item is crossed off both our lists.

Tomorrow, J. and H. head to Modesto for H.'s swallow study...and blood work here in town soon, too.  His oncology appointment is next Thursday.  I think he's lost more weight.  :-(

I'm probably going to bed pretty soon and will get up when I wake up around 6ish or so.  It's better if I just get up when I first wake up vs. going back to sleep - going back to sleep leaves me groggy and fuzzy for most of the day so I'm trying to just get up, even on weekends and days off.

We got Chloe's 'burrow bed' off the garage shelf today, thinking she'd jump right in and snuggle into the warmth - but no.  She won't go near it!  Reminding myself that she wouldn't get in it when we first got it so maybe she has to just think it over.  I'm not covering her up in her day-bed like I have been, trying to encourage her to get into the burrow.  I even put a dog biscuit w-a-y in the back of the burrow bed - but she just slinked in headfirst, grabbed the biscuit and backed out as quickly as she'd gone in.  She'll do anything for a dog biscuit.

Tomorrow through Thursday will definitely be down time so I'm just going to focus on that for now and enjoy it.

Happy Heaven Birthday to my mom - she would have been 91 today.  Miss her.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...