Monday, November 02, 2015

It's Raining, It's Pouring

And lightening and thundering, too!  I awoke in the middle of the night (Awoke!  as in I was actually sleeping!!  Yeah!) hearing strange noises.  Unfamiliar sounds.  I decided to get up and go to the bathroom and realized when my feet hit the carpet that it was coming from outside....and then a couple steps towards the bathroom, it hit me - it was raining!  I did a little happy dance between my bed and the bathroom and then snuggled back in bed and went right back to sleep.  Nothing like a rainy night to promote sound sleep.

The Benadryl I took also probably had something to do with it - but that's OK.  I plan to repeat again tonight in hopes of another good night's sleep.  I also added my inhaler to the mix which took away the tickle that makes me cough with every breath.

I made it until 1PM today which was pretty good considering at 8:30 this morning, I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it until 9...but I had things I had to do so I just kept doing them -

I'm still coughing a little but things are improving...but it's only 6:19PM, pitch black outside and I'm so ready for bed....so I think I'm heading upstairs pretty soon -

This week has daily meetings across the entire week along with board prep and starting on my report due to the Board in December.  It's going to be busy so I sure hope I start to feel better soon -

I read back this time last year and it also rained a fair amount in November - which gave us all hope for a good snow year...and that didn't happen.  Sure hope this year will be continuous snow and rain - one major year of snow won't really get us out of the drought but it might help.  I'm looking into ways to store the shower water we have everyday 'cuz Mother Nature is watering our plants at the moment. I know J. thinks I'm crazy - but if we could use a huge bin with a lid or a barrel of some kind, we could store water to have when the rain stops - whether that's in a week or six months.  I just hate to waste the water now that I see how much we have been wasting.

So many little changes we've made that I realize we could have and should have made 'standard practice' for our entire lives - it's amazing the amount of water wasted that we've never thought about.

It's time to head to bed....hoping for another decent night's sleep.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...