Sunday, November 08, 2015

Post-Beethoven

You know it was an amazing concert when you can't stop humming.  The 2nd movement of Beethoven's 7th is one of my most treasured and beloved pieces of music and it's playing in my head over and over this morning.  Lovely evening - and considering I wasn't feeling stellar most of yesterday and wasn't sure about getting there last night, I'm so glad I/we made it - it was beautiful.

I'm heading out this morning for some errands that I didn't get to yesterday and then back upstairs to continue working in tidying up my bedroom.  I've got a box of books for the library filling up and soon, bags of clothing will be added to the donation pile.  Hoping to create a better 'sanctuary' vs. 'the place you sleep that's also where you stash stuff you don't know what to do with'.

And I might need to retract the EBay post about the french horn...it makes me nervous to list it and then be on pins and needles hoping nothing goes wrong.  Like someone 'wins' and somehow manages to not pay - I think J. is going to take it to a music store in Modesto that accepts consignments and we'll see what happens.  Bidding on EBay may increase the price vs. consigning it - but it's a lot less nerve wracking to just have it sell in a store and they send us a check (net their commission).

The free fish that we've purchased a small tank for also got a new heater yesterday - he's not doing all that well and I keep trying to gently remind H. that fish are fraught with all kinds of things that can go wrong - and there's no way to take them to the vet so....we watch and wait.  We were hoping the heater would help but poor Bowzer is still lurking on the bottom of the tank, not moving much and not eating.  Not good signs.

I dread getting in the shower - wait, that's not true - I'm fine with getting IN the shower, I just dread getting OUT of the shower 'cuz it's freezing cold.

Long week ahead, which I also dread.  Sundays have become mostly about dreading Mondays (even more) and all that comes after Monday, too.  Here's to better days ahead, at some point.

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...