Sunday, October 04, 2015

And I Am Betrothed to My Deceased Cat

Hello - at the very last moments of five wonderful days off work and I'm watching The Good Wife season premiere with my love and scratching my head in confusion.  I don't apparently remember much about where we left off at the season finale and I'm having a hard time keeping up.

B. just phoned - so I've officially spoken to him twice in one week which is a record since our trip to Phoenix.  He was curling up in the back of a bus with his Woobie (Google it - I'm getting one for Christmas!) and attempting to get some sleep - awaiting when he will next be driving soldiers to/from their current maneuvers.  He sounds good - though tired.  It looks like he will be able to come home for Thanksgiving and he and I will attend the wedding of one of his basic training buddies in Turlock on the Saturday after Turkey Day.  I'm so glad I get to be his plus one - from the minute we met them at the basic training graduation, I knew they would be married - and two and half years later, it's happening.  I love how Facebook keeps us up to date with people -

I admit I've been pretty darn lazy the past few days - I really don't feel great.  I started doing the vitamin routine again the past couple days so I'm hoping that helps.  I feel hopeless - I should go to the doctor but why bother?  He won't do anything or won't know what to do.  Or worse, he'll do stuff and miss a huge issue.  (He didn't diagnose H.'s Hodgkin's even though he should have).  I should change doctors...but that would mean traveling outside Tracy and I really can't imagine doing that. So I stay feeling pretty miserable and now that I'm facing going back to work, I feel bereft.  Going through the motions.  Day after day.

I've got to snap out of this!

I started a new game and I had to create neighbors and friend and find someone to marry - so instead of betrothing myself to a complete stranger, I used the ID I had for our deceased cat (Klink) and now I'm engaged to be married.  I named his game character Max.  It's fitting.  I'm enjoying the game and having a Knight named Max who frequently goes to battle to protect me and raise our 'status' in the Kingdom is kind of fun.  My only complaint is the game is a little sexist for me:  the guys do all the chopping of wood; breaking down stone and other 'hard' labor themselves while the women characters use 'magic' and summon knomes who do the work for them.  I guess a lady would never get her hands dirty and I need to remember the game is a 'period' role playing game - but still.  It irks me.

I went to SaveMart in search of Not Your Father's Root Beer (they were out) and bought $50 of meat. $5 for $25 - got boneless ribs, carne asada thin sliced steak meat and a couple small pork roasts.  I will make the ribs tomorrow in the crock pot and then I was thinking we could teach H. how to cook the thin steaks - that would give him protein in our absence.

Two weeks from now, we will be in Cancun watching the moon over the water and looking forward to 8 more nights in paradise.  I am really looking forward to that time away- stepping off the treadmill of work.  This few days off plus a weekend has been nice but there's nothing that rejuvenates me like the beach.  Nothing better for me in the world than salt water, sand, sun, surf....and margaritas, chips and guacamole, lobster, etc. -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...