Friday, October 23, 2015

Beachy

Things I love about the beach:

  • Bed head and beach head look remarkably similar.  I can get away with showering before we head into town for dinner and doing a quick wet comb process in the morning with a little dry shampoo.  Some weird angles remain and the texture is thicker - but it works 'cuz it's humid and salty -
  • Guacamole made fresh in front of us along with the most delicious pico de gallo.  I never eat pico at home - but here?  It's really delicious.  Jalapenos included which are carefully seeded so there's the hint of hot but not.
  • Itchy skin from sunburn.  I know it's my skin's way of screaming for mercy but to me, it means I've been out in the sun and I love it.  
  • Rain without cold.  Though yesterday, it did get a teeny bit chilly on the beach when the sky turned dark gray and sprinkles started.  We headed up to the house shortly after the sprinkles started 'cuz we weren't sure it wasn't going to pour buckets any minute.  It didn't.  Better safe than sorry.
  • Telling J. I am getting dressed and it's a bathing suit and cover-up for most of the day.  And dressing for dinner just means shirt, capris and sandals.
  • Steak and Lobster for $25.  Our entire dinner check last night came to $68 and we both had cocktails along with dinner.  We splurged 'cuz we've been eating for around $10-$20 US per meal so far and even had a 'no dinner out' night 'cuz we had plenty of leftovers. 
  • Just the two of us.  Everything is easier.  Laundry was two loads done in record time. Meals are easy to prepare and easy to clean up.  We've spent less than half what we brought and we've only got three nights left.  We do miss H. and he keeps saying (over and over and over) "I wish I was there, too".  I know he does - but we aren't doing tons of activities this trip - we are just chillaxing and he would be bored.  His entertainment is expensive.  We are fine with West Wing DVDs and reading.  He'd need way more action than we are up for this trip.  
I'm thinking Playa in March and Paris in October every year from now until I retire.  The only thing is I am mixing my languages.  I want to say 'La carta, s'il vous plaît' - and I have to constantly think about not mixing my pleases and thank yous in French and Spanish.  

It's a nice 'problem' to have....I admit.  

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...