Thursday, October 02, 2014

Behold....Quiet

J. is out campaigning.  Walking neighborhoods, knocking on doors and asking people to vote for the candidate.  J. enjoys it and is good at it - though in this town, I feel worried about him constantly. We swing a little (way) more left than 99% of the people in our town....and I always worry about him walking around knocking on doors of people who swing way, way right - and have guns.

But he enjoys it, it's contributing to our party and our town and region - so yeah, J. .  Keep on keeping on.,  Just be careful.

H. is somewhere.  No idea where.

There's so much happening at work that I wish I could write about but I won't.  I'm sure I could craft it all in a way that would protect the innocent - and I sure would like to just get it all out on paper....'cuz writing has always helped me sort through a bunch of stuff.  I did seize the moment after a meeting my boss and I were both attending - and as the meeting cleared, I brought up a subject I've been concerned about for a bit.  Was grateful it was a good conversation and he listened and I think 'got' what I was saying.  He reassured 'we'll get there'.  As in the collective 'we' (district).  I hope so. It's a long, hard road these days.

I often think if I were in my 30's, I'd be totally up for it all.  But I'm in my mid-50's and I'm just not. But I need to work so nose to the grindstone; get through it and do what needs doing.

I was working on depreciation today for our audit and my boss said 'what are you depreciating?'.  I said 'everything we own - land/buildings/equipment.  Decades of data.  I did finally have a wonderful friend at the County Office assist me in re-tooling the spreadsheet.  It had so many formulas and it would recalc each cell after every single entry/action.  We've got it only recalculating the current year's info and striking a balance for the current year we need to report.  Saves tons of times - data entry is a gazillion times faster than it was in the old spreadsheet.  My boss seemed surprised that was part of my job - guess he thought the auditors do it.  They don't.

B. isn't coming home - no road trip.  Guess their six week excursion that ended up being only three weeks wasn't enough for two weeks off.  They all got a four day pass...so not enough time to take 2 days each way to/from.  We will see him in Phoenix in November and can't wait!

The floors will be another 10 days away from being installed.  The custom risers are on order and take a long time to get here.  H. moved the study closet stuff out into the garage - so I'm back to parking outside again for a couple weeks.

Very much looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, my voter list is filtered to include mostly Democrats or people who would be concerned with our issues like Medicare, Social Security, and education.

-J

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...