Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Monday

Monday

My desk is a shambles; the house is a wreck
Anyone who speaks to me, I’m giving them heck
I’m tired and cranky and in a bad mood
And nothing you say will lighten my ‘tude
So please don’t try; it’s really OK
Tomorrow will be another (better) day
For now, I need sustenance, amusement and rest
Thank you for your patience; y'all are the best!

Author:  Majah

That was an ode to yesterday but today is the new (better, hopefully) day referenced above so let's get to it!

The floors look lovely but oh my, the dust!  And the house echos so much with no carpet to buffer sounds.  So glad we took Chloe to the puppy spa 'cuz there's no way she could be here whilst all the demo and construction is going on.  Just replacing the floors is approaching putting me over the edge so my plan to someday knock out the wall between the kitchen and the dining room and make one huge 'great room' with a true walk-in pantry is something I can't conceive of.  That level of chaos isn't something I'm anxious to jump into - yet.

But redoing the floors sure opens up the mind to all the amazing possibilities about this house - which we adore and which we would be quite happy living in until the take us out in boxes.  So we'll see.  I do covet a walk in pantry.

Board meeting day so it's a very long day ahead.  J. plans to canvas - getting in as much as he can before the election.  That will be post running a bunch of errands whilst hanging around the homestead to supervise the work.  Today, the stairs and study will start and those two areas are the trickiest - many angles and cuts to be made.  It's going to be so pretty, though - can't wait.  We are already scheming to think of doing Phase II of the floors - upstairs landing up to each bedroom door and the family room, kitchen (maybe) and the hallway between the garage and the family room.  We both agree that we want carpet in the bedrooms - though I love the idea of laminate with rugs for coziness in the winter - but we're a long way from Phase II being a reality so we'll worry about that some other time.

The stock market is doing a huge correction and even though I don't worry, I'm worried.  Yikes.  It's been due to correct for some time and we're buying low(er) now so that's not a bad thing.  Still, it's scary to watch the number that is our future decline day after day.  And especially on the (relatively speaking) eve of our first official retirement withdrawal.  Glad we can postpone that for a bit longer 'cuz we don't want to sell low - at least not this low. 

OK - 2nd cup of coffee to brew then hop in the shower and get going.  Seems I'm ready to go in early usually on the days when I have to stay late - why is that?  But time to get back to a routine of getting there 7ish - sets the tone for the day for my team.  Let's them know we're getting down to it today - just like everyday.  Only Majah in the house early means a busy day awaits.  

Let it begin!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...