Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Floors!

With little to no furniture around, the new floors feel a lot like our own private bowling alley!  I am Swiffering my little heart out to get up the massive amount of construction dust from the floors. Then they need a really good cleaning - which can only be done with the laminate flooring cleaner and mop. We bought a kit so we're all set but we are already identifying other products that might help.  I want a lot of the microfiber mop heads we can use to do dust mopping daily and then just toss them in the washer to clean them.

Had a meeting at the county office of ed first thing this morning.  Then met with the finance department at the county to review some assumptions for our district attendance rates.  Lunch in Brentwood with a good friend - and took the back roads that wound through the delta including going over three bridges.  I survived, sweaty palms and all.  Draw bridges in particular sort of freak me out but it was OK.

Then I stopped at the doctor's office to get my Hepatitis A shot (to complete the immunization process started when we went to Europe) and a flu shot - so here I sit with a left arm so sore, I can barely move.  And actually not feeling all that well - but that's likely more related needing sleep vs. any cause for alarm.

My sweet hubby has supervised two to three workmen in a super noisy, dirty environment for the last three days and then today, helped our gardener replant all the front beds.  He looked so tired when I got home - poor guy.  He's a trooper.

I got a call from my styling salon that my stylist has left her job and moved back home to Wisconsin. 'Family stuff'.  The person phoning said she made a recommendation for a new stylist so I have an appointment with her on Saturday.  I sure hope my former stylist is OK - she was living with her boyfriend and I sort of wonder if that relationship ended - so she went back home.  She moved out here for him...so that seems the most likely.

25 years ago tonight, my husband asked me to be his wife.  I said yes.  I gave him an early gift on his birthday - a sign that says 'You are my happily ever after' - with our names and our anniversary date. We put it over the door here in the study so we see it all the time.  It's a perfect reminder that we both said yes and we say yes to our commitment every day.

I love him.  He is my rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You apparently suffer from gephyrophobia. Get over it. (Them.) :-)

-J

Majah said...

LOL, Anonymous. I will (did)!

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...