Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ninja!

Breakfast:  Handful of baby spinach; half a cucumber; half an avocado; handful of frozen pineapple chunks; one peeled Kiwi fruit; heaping tablespoon of hemp protein powder; almond milk; ice and a splash of orange juice for sweetness.

We bought a Nutra Ninja blending system - 'cuz juicing was working (my joints feel so much better!) but you lose a lot of the fiber in the juice process.  I started to feel guilty about the 'leavings' - even though we compost them.  But all that wasted fiber....

So we're trying the Nutra Ninja - this is the first morning I've done it 'cuz it's so loud, I can't do it until J. comes downstairs.  Patience as it winds down it's countdown - starting and stopping itself periodically to let the contents of the pitcher settle then whirring up again.  It really does a pretty great job of pulverizing everything in it's path  -and the smoothie is smooth and good.

It could use a little more sweetness but I try not to add too much fruit to keep the sugar down.

It's veggies for breakfast!  In a travel mug!

Tomorrow, I will add a small splash of honey - that should help.

Yesterday was a productive day and looking forward to another one - no meetings and I'm successfully cleaning my office up a bit.

J. is campaigning tonight (only two weeks until the election!) and I will enjoy a quiet evening in a clean house - cleaning crew arrives today to see the new floors for the first time.

I've provided lists of things for H. to do and offered incentives for him to work on them - cleaning every baseboard in the house and moving furniture and cleaning floors and baseboards behind things as well.  Construction dust is everywhere...Phase II is likely never happening 'cuz I don't want to do this again.  (Should have thought of that - could have scraped together enough money to just finish the house).


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...