Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pins & Needles

Facebook is apparently down!  What do I do with myself?  I wonder if it's tied in any way to their stock crashing after the market closed on news of their forecasted increased expenses for next year?  Are they trying to illustrate how integral the site is to people all over the world?

I always have plenty to do so there, Facebook!  A blog post instead!

I've been home a couple days with stomach issues.  I will spare you the details.  Things are improving and I hope to be at work tomorrow.  I actually must be at work tomorrow 'cuz I'm off a couple days next week and have a lot to do - now two days behind on things.

We've been on pins and needles awaiting news from B. - he finally texted J. to confirm that he made it into the unit he had to try out for this week.  We are so happy for him and so, so proud of him.  He shared a little with J. who shared a little with me and I'm so proud that he was his true self in the interview - instead of answering in the expected way, he stuck to his core self - and answered in a way that makes a parent proud.  Whatever else life is, you have to know who you are and stick to that - and he's doing that in a spectacular way.  We are so thrilled for him - and he's over the moon excited, too. Can't wait to see him next weekend and celebrate with him in person.

I bumped up against the Ninja blender blades as I was tidying up the kitchen yesterday and it sliced my finger!  It's still bleeding a day later and hurts like the dickens.  It's just an irritating cut in a bad place. That thing is uber sharp and makes me a bit afraid of it.  It's got to be cleaned but we are definitely going to just let it soak in the blender pitcher and/or run it through the dishwasher.  I might have to buy us safety gloves to put it in and take it out of the dishwasher. 

J. has been working on a variety of projects - he repainted the study closet (looks fantastic!) so we can work on putting things away this weekend.  (I miss having my car in the garage and as the mornings get colder, the frost on my window makes me crazy).  He's also been working on labeling and identifying slides for the party we're attending next weekend - and also just to have the slides on a computer instead of in boxes and bags.  Reliving a lot of memories in the process.  I used to look pretty good in a bikini.  

J. and I have decided to give each other the perfect Christmas gift:  updating the navigation systems on our cars with the latest maps.  It's probably a statement of where we are in life - we have no idea what to give each other for gifts these days - so updating software is the best we can do!  I've gotten lost a couple times in towns where the growth isn't in my map set from six years ago - so it will be nice to know where I'm going.  And J., bless his heart, has never updated his nav and his car is a decade old. It's time.  

Linguine and clams for dinner!  Yum!  (It will either kill me or cure me).  


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...