Sunday, September 28, 2014

Polishing

I have nails again.  Stress abated enough to let my nails grow a bit.  They are (shockingly) long enough for polish and I'm experimenting with colors way (WAY) outside my comfort zone.  I found julep.com and am a 'Maven' - so I get three colors a month that I can select for a nicely discounted price.  The polishes aren't cheap but they do seem to hold up longer than the usual Target available colors I've used in the past.  Plus, they are really varied and give me lots of options to play with.

I'm not good at polishing yet - I don't get too much on my fingers anymore - but dark(er) polishes are harder to put on evenly - and the color is always heaviest on my right hand 'cuz my left hand isn't as skilled at the 'lighter touch' needed for thinner coats.  I keep trying.

I just ruined my entire right hand by typing way too soon - the thicker coats don't dry as quickly and I always underestimate where I'm at in terms of 'dry time'.  Oh well.  More practice later today when I attempt to redo them again.

I wore color to work a couple weeks ago and got a lot of compliments - but it's likely Monday will dawn with me and my usual coat of clear.  Or my favorite nail glaze of a light violet color (which I got at Julep and now they don't make anymore.  Drat!).  Clear looks very nice; is easy to do and hard to mess up - so it's been my 'go-to' color during the growing out process.

We had a wonderful thunder storm on Friday evening that was sudden and unexpected.  While packing up to call it a week, the sky got suddenly dark and shortly after arriving home, there was thunder and lightening and then some significant rain.  (Significant for us - not like last night's storm in Phoenix).  But enough to leave puddles around town for a day or so which is really welcome.

H. was so excited that he skipped around the house - getting more and more happy with each thunderclap.  Warmed my heart to seeing him find joy in something so unexpected.  It was a fun evening of him enjoying the rain -

Then he went out with friends and ended up being so hungover yesterday that he pretty much slept all day.

There's no counseling him on what he shouldn't be doing.  He knows he really shouldn't be drinking and certainly not enough to end up feeling 'horrible' for a full day.  I attempted to be supportive by offering to get him food; suggesting he take ibuprofen and drink a bunch of water.  All of which he did but still felt 'really bad'.  Yeah, 'cuz your body has enough to do right now without you inebriating it to the point of sickness, you twit.

He's young.

B. is heading back to El Paso via bus today - the training was only three weeks instead of six.  And he will get an immediate two week 'vacation'.  Seemed so silly for him to be going back to ELP when he could get here via car in a few hours?  But guess it's like taking kids on a field trip - the head count going needs to be the same headcount returning - and it would throw the entire system into a tizzy to have someone stay behind.  He is thinking he will drive back out - airfare short notice is pretty pricey and he thinks a road trip sounds fun.  And his car recently has a couple thousand dollars of work that should make the trip uneventful.  So we hope to see him here in a week or so - but are not positive what his plans are.  This may be the first vacation he has where he doesn't come home -

Scandal is back on and the first episode had Olivia doing her usual - drinking huge glasses of expensive red wines.  Last night, I attempted to do the same - not nearly as expensive as what Olivia drinks but enjoyed some wine with dinner.

It was delicious but I need to work on my tolerance.  I shockingly didn't sleep well at all - which I recall is something that often happens when I enjoy wine.

Guess I need to start drinking much earlier in the day -


No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...