Thursday, March 28, 2013

Woo Hoo - Not

The woo hoo of a three day work week is now like a slap in the face 'Holy Crap what was I thinking?'.  As the 'final' workday dawns - awakened from a dream state (very rare) by my alarm and still somewhat groggy from that - I am stumbling to the shower and out the door.  Starting the day as early as possible because while yesterday was a joyous day of no meetings (it felt like puppies and flowers all day just toiling away on my list of 'stuff'), today is the opposite of that.  Back-to-back-to-back meetings all the day long.  Even trilling that like a song or nursery rhyme (sing-songing "all the day long" lightly with a touch of merriment while picturing myself in a field of flowers with a basket to gather with accompanied by my sweet little Chloe) does nothing to ease the discontent that is upon me as I face a day where my calendar is blocked solid.  As a co-worker and I added yet another meeting yesterday and she gently inquired 'how does that work with all the other meetings we have tomorrow' and I replied gently 'not great but it's do-able'.  We'll just eat lunch at 11 and drink as little as possible during the day 'cuz we have no time for potty breaks - or breaks of any kind.

The running tracks we installed at three of our sites over the summer (last) will soon be open to use and I can't wait to take my workout clothes to work with me and change into them at the end of the day and use the track to walk/jog a bit before heading home!

We haven't heard from B. in two weeks now - at least by letter.  The weekend of his pass with plenty of contact has left us with no letters since they are out in the field learning tactical maneuvers, living off rations and schlepping 80 pounds of gear with them wherever they go.  He warned us he wasn't sure how much he would be able to write so I know he's fine.  I'm pretty sure bringing paper with you to write your mother would be a bad thing to do - and he'll write when he can.  We do know that he was able to go to the National Infantry Museum on the base for a movie and lunch on Sunday - and that is where the graduation will be held so we can look forward to seeing the museum also.

We will be in Georgia three weeks from today (!) and we are really excited about the trip.

Birds just started chirping so it's almost sunrise.  I'd better get going.

I'd love to insert a pic of puppies and flowers - but it's just too much effort for me at the moment.  More soonest -

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...