Monday, March 25, 2013

More Shoes!

Happy 23rd wedding anniversary to us!  Time has flown by....seems like yesterday.  Though the gray hair, wrinkly skin and tricky joints would confirm that a lot of time has passed.

We spent the day at our lawyers office updating our trust documents.  We get annual reminders and have been a little remiss in getting things modified as needed.  At $250 an hour, you tend to put it off until you just have to.  Traveling together in the near future was my final 'must do' - so we did.  Feels good to have the updates in process and I will be traveling easier knowing it's all worked out the way we want.  Though the most recent changes won't be in effect until after the trip to Georgia in a few weeks but we'll just have to play the odds on that one.  I feel confident we'll be fine - and if we aren't, we won't know about how it turns out...it will be what it will be.  Even our intentions outlined are not 'real' until we've all signed and it's all notarized....so that will be done before Cancun.

The second stop of the day was Fleet Feet in Pleasanton.  J. has put over 300 miles on his shoes and they were in need of replacing - so we stopped there to get him the same shoes he purchased there before.  On the way there, I asked if he would be OK with me getting fitted - and he said 'I was thinking the same thing!'.  So I took the time to have a fitting - and found out that I'm wearing shoes that are 1/2 to a full size smaller than my feet actually measure!  Hello, bunion issues and ingrown toenails - pleased to meet you and guess what?  I've been causing my own misery for as long as I can remember by not having been fitted for shoes in many decades - and my feet have changed.  I'm also more flat-footed than I ever recall and inserts to correct that are perfection!  It was a crazy amount of money to spend - but heck!  It's our anniversary! 

Is 23rd the year of shoes?  Should be.  Was for us.

I also got two good fitting sports bras, a pair of capris, a t-shirt, some socks and a hat - all NOT cotton and all washable.  That's the other monumental change - DO NOT WEAR COTTON.  All these years of wearing cotton socks and cotton t-shirts or shorts.  NO!  Cotton doesn't wick water and it takes a long time to dry out.  Moisture in shoes is NOT good for feet - so socks that stay dry and/or dry out very quickly.  The salesperson Sara who helped us was so great - patient and really took a lot of time.  I tried on 3 pairs of shoes - and not just tried them on and sat there.  Tried them on, walked in them, tried different lacing techniques, walked some more, added inserts, walked some more and then did a side-by-side of the two that felt best.  And I was pleased as punch that the ones that truly fit and felt the best were also reasonably attractive - with purple in them.  I love them!  Though I told Sara 'I will never again buy a pair of athletic shoes based on looks - who cares what they look like?  The right shoes feel 1000 times better than anything I've ever worn before - and that will hopefully help me stick to walking.  It has certainly worked for J. and I will never again think twice about spending money for quality shoes. 

Last stop was lunch at Sansar in Livermore - and it was after 2 by the time we got there.  Then home.  Now it's moving into the evening with massive amounts of stuff to cull out from work - but that's OK.  J. is heading to church for Good Friday rehearsal and I will plow through a bunch of stuff in a couple of hours.  A very late lunch equals light dinner so no cooking tonight. 

Tomorrow is back to work but thankfully, I'm off again this Friday and next Monday - so a three day week for me!!  Woo hoo!! 

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...