Friday, March 08, 2013

Creaking

I hear J. up - it's 5:30AM!  The floorboards creak overhead - and it's not a kid!  This is the earliest he's been up in a long time.  He's heading to Visalia today for his 45th high school reunion.  Today is golf, then cocktails tonight.  Tomorrow he'll visit with his brother and our nieces and then the 'big' reunion event is tomorrow night.  Home sometime Sunday.  I will miss him -

I went to his 25th with him and knew no one.  It was OK.  I actually 'know' some of his classmates now - they are Facebook friends that I 'talk' to and play games with.  Try as we did, we couldn't get them to go to the reunion.  If they would have, I would, too....but oh well. 

I am looking forward to a weekend of solitude - which means that this evening, here all alone, I'll be missing him like crazy.  And all the things that go bump in the night will probably worry me.  Still, it will be nice and I am always crazily motivated when he's away. 

The man cleaned out my closet yesterday - and built new shoe shelves so I can really 'see' where things are.  He's organized it in a way that will greatly assist me in culling stuff out - it was just too much of a mess for me to ever want to dive in and clean stuff out - but now, everything is neat and tidy - making identification of things I haven't worn in ages easy-peasy!  So I plan to use the time to really plow through years and years of things I don't use or wear and get them out of here!

He was a little worried that his reorganization would stress me out - but holy cow!  What's not to love about a guy that dives into a messy closet, organizes, categorizes AND builds additional shelves in one day? 

I am the luckiest girl on the planet!

Off to the trenches soon - Happy Friday!

No comments:

Tales of Helpers

Our cleaning lady D. is here today - she wears earbuds and chats on the phone while she works.  She is the third cleaning 'person(s)'...